Sunday, February 12, 2012

Daddy Daughter Date Night 2012

Last night goes down as absolutely one of the most precious moments ever. Anne Morgan and Daddy had their very first date night. They met up with quite a few other dads and their daughters at Saugahatchee Country Club for pictures and dinner before heading over to the Daddy Daughter Dance. I was so excited all day about this, but at the same time anxious to see how it would go. I didn't know if AM would continue to stay excited or not want to participate. She's 2 1/2. You just never know. Well she LOVED it! And I think it's safe to say Daddy did too. 

Ready to head out for pictures and a night of dinner and dancing. She just had to have her sunglasses :)
This was the only point in the night when I could get her to look at the camera and she was just being silly. Love that girl!

better button up that coat b/c it was FREEEEEEZING!! 

Most of the group of daddies and daughters (thanks for the invite!)
As you can tell from here on out she was going to have nothing to do with the camera


I wish I had a better picture of her corsage. She loved it (I was afraid she would hate it)


The next pictures (until arriving home) are from Trey's phone so they aren't the best clarity, but I'm so glad he was able to capture the evening. What I wouldn't have given to be a fly on the wall at dinner and at the dance. What happens on this night every year we may never know, but I'm so glad they have this special time together. 

Here she is at dinner showing daddy her flowers. :)

 Chicken Fingers please

I'm so glad that they were with a group of friends, particularly her BFF Allie. These two and their daddies sat together for dinner and were apparently inseparable for the rest of the evening. I told Trey you can tell they were with daddies alone b/c us mommies would not have let them have this much fun at dinner. They didn't sit long I don't think. Here they are playing peek-a-boo in the curtains.

Already dancing and they haven't even made it to the dance yet!

 And making snow angels on the floor ?!!!!

Finally, they made it to the dance. This was right when they arrived. Apparently they got down to business right from the start. 


These two had so much fun that they were THE.VERY.LAST.TWO there! No kidding! Apparently Allie kept asking for "MORE MINUTES!" (I guess they kept telling her, 5 more minutes, etc) Too funny! These girls didn't want to stop. 

Still going!

How adorable are they?!

Check out this video of the dads trying to get them to leave. Please notice that the lights come on and they are taking down the decorations and DJ equipment, yet they won't stop..hopping at this point


Keep in mind that bedtime is 8pm, the dance was over at 9pm

And this is what time it was when I noticed them pulling in the driveway


Look at how proud and excited they both are :)

Her awesome t-shirt that she (and Allie) got for being the last ones there.

Though she didn't want to admit it, she was thirsty and worn out. (Daddy was too)

Good night, sweetheart. What a special evening. I can't wait for you and Daddy to get to do this again next year. Daddy knows to be prepared to stay for the entire thing next year (and me too, I was DYING for an update all night long). And also know that it is 90 to nothing the whole time. LOVE IT!

(She took a super long nap today and even fell asleep an hour earlier than usual)

:)

5 comments:

Megan Weimer said...

What a sweet night!!

Margaret said...

How precious is that!?! Such a special night I'm sure!

Brittny said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! I hope Sophie and Brandon can do this sometime because I KNOW they would love it just as much!

Casey Corley said...

Oh my word, that is too funny they were the last 2 there! Glad to know she was on the floor too and that AK wasn't the only one. I had so much fun at dinner!

Caroline Armstrong said...

oh how sweet! looks like fun they had!!!!
miss yall!!!!