Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Big Boy!

Jason is such a big boy these days. He is so much fun and full of energy. He is officially through with the paci! I planned to do this right at 12 months but waited a few extra weeks since he was cutting his top teeth. Had I done this around 11 months I don't think he would have ever even noticed but once we came back from Aruba and settled back into "home" he was actually becoming attached to it. Yesterday I decided it was the day and it was amazing! He cried a little bit during his morning nap, not bad but he didn't just go right to sleep like usual. He did fall asleep though and then his afternoon nap and bedtime were tear free! I couldn't believe it! I knew it wouldn't be too too bad with him if I did it now which is why I did (he never had it unless he was going to sleep), but I still expected a little more resistance. So we are officially free from the paci before 14 months. Hopefully he won't revert back to needing it when his baby brother comes in about 6 weeks or so. Can you believe baby brother will be here so soon?! I can't!  (shoot, that's another post I need to do! I have 4D pictures to share)

Jason also got his first haircut this weekend. I didn't take before and after pictures but I can tell you that he needed it. I was the last one holding out. He did have a bit of a mullet, or as my dad would say, he looked like Terry Bradshaw. He really did. The hair on the back of his head was growing so fast but the hair on top and on the sides not so much. He looks so cute with his big boy cut!


This is the most recent picture I have of him...please ignore the pile of laundry in the background!!

I wish I had more pictures to share with you but we have been so busy between building a house, doctor appointments and everyday life. And let me tell you, this building a house thing is giving me a bit of an anxiety attack!  I'll have to do a post on the house progress soon. It's exciting but a bit overwhelming too. We are celebrating Jason's birthday over the weekend so I will be sure to take pictures.

3 comments:

The Allgood Family said...

He looks so much like AM in the last pic. Hope you are feeling well!

Brittny said...

I love him!

Caroline Armstrong said...

I would have never noticed the laudry if you had not said anything!:)
But my goodness he is so cute!!!! I could squeeze him!!!