Monday, January 17, 2011

A Day of Firsts

On Saturday we took AM to have her very first haircut. I was so afraid that she was going to completely spaz out, especially since she already wasn't happy in the car on the way. Surprisingly, she did pretty well. She didn't have to behave for long, we were in and out in 5 minutes, seriously- 5 minutes. The girl didn't cut much off (I really can't even tell), I wish she had trimmed just a little bit more but not too much. After all, you want to get your money's worth, right? Funny thing is, Trey is the one who was pushing to go get her a trim and he was more satisfied with the outcome than I was. She really just evened it up since AM has one side of her hair that grows much faster than the other. She was so sweet though, we'll be going back to her for the next one and until I feel comfortable enough doing it myself. It was a fun experience.

Before the "BIG" cut, haha
AM had to sit in Daddy's lap, she didn't like the idea of sitting in the booster seat all by herself
Mmmmm...this sucker is yummy!
Checking her out, haha!
Doing pretty well with it

Ooooh, this is fun!
Anne Morgan had another first when we got home. She tinkled in the potty! I got SO excited. I surprised myself with how excited I got. We aren't necessarily potty training her but we did get her a potty to put in her bathroom so she could get used to it. Now if you mention the word potty, even just in passing when you don't think you have her attention, she runs to the bathroom and waits for you to put her on it. It's so cute! It will probably be a while before we officially start the process but it's fun to see how excited she is getting over it.

Then it was time to try on her new t-shirt. Needless to say, she's got some growing room but I have to say it's pretty cute!

Of course she's saying "warrrr hey!"

2 comments:

The Harless Family said...

cutest post... she is a DOLL!

Ames said...

Haha! I love two things: 1) Her doing "WAR EAGLE" in her big girl T-shirt with her hair all nice and clean, and 2) Trey is the one wearing the "tarp" in the hair salon. Haha!