Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quick Checkup

We had a visit to the pediatrician today for AM's 18 month check up. I just wanted to record this while it was on my mind since I'm not the best at remembering to write these things down right away in her book. It was an abnormal visit. It was supposed to just be her well visit check up but unfortunately last night AM caught the stomach bug that her daddy and I have been recovering from. It was awful. The virus was so bad that I had to go to the ER Saturday night to get IV fluids for dehydration. While we were there Trey got sick. Keep in mind that this is late Saturday night so we had to wake her up to take her to the hospital with us. She was a trooper, of course. We thought we were going to be in the clear as far as AM was concerned but at 9pm last night she threw up. For the first time. Bless her little heart, she threw up every 20 minutes for a couple of hours. This morning the diarrhea hit. So needless to say she didn't get her shots this morning that she was supposed to get. We'll go back on Monday for those. She has been quite the trooper though and it seems that her virus may not last as long as ours has. Thank you God! It is terrible to watch your child get sick. This was a first for us and I hope we don't have to experience it again for a long time. Of course I'd really like to never go through it again but I know that won't be the case.

She has lost a couple of pounds needless to say. She was 28.5 lbs (92%) and 33 in tall (90%) and her head's circumference was 18 in (75%).

Hopefully we can all get caught up on rest tonight. After the long trip and then this horrible virus, we are exhausted! I hope all of you are staying well.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Jennifer, I am so sorry you guys had the stomach virus. That is just terrible. We had it last weekend and it is no fun on top of pregnancy. I can't imagine it with a little one. Hope AM is feeling better very soon!

Megan Weimer said...

So sorry to hear that! I will be praying for all of you for a quick recovery!!

Margaret said...

Goodness Jenny! So sorry! The stomach virus is by far the worst thing I've gone through with my 2. Cope had it at 7 weeks when Dru and I did! It was so scary! Hope yall ALL feel better soon!

Ames said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry you guys have all been ill :( Glad you went to the ER -- how scary! Feel better soon, all of you.

Caroline Armstrong said...

Oh the stomach bug is the WORST! Atleast you can check that off for 2011! Bless your hearts!