Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finally!

I apologize for not posting anything yesterday. It was a crazy day, crazy wonderful! I didn't have a chance to post anything on here until it was time to go to bed...and I was going to bed. :)

I am going to do this quickly before the next visitors get here in a few minutes but I wanted to share some pictures of our new little man. He is perfect. :)

We arrived at the hospital at 5 am to start the process. It took a little longer to really get started (i.e., break my water and get an epidural) b/c there were quite a few babies being born yesterday! I will say that I have now felt true labor contractions. I was ready to get the epidural! (When I had AM I had the epidural before I ever felt any painful contractions.)

Once they broke my water it didn't take too long! We thought for about an hour it may, but then all of a sudden it went quick. Put it this way, the nurse checked me at 10 am, I was at 5 cm and she said she'd check again in 2 hours which would have been noon. After watching the monitors, she decided at 10:45 to check me and I was at 8 cm so we called the doctor to tell him to head this way. He left his office at 11, and Jason was born at 11:31! I wasn't due to even be checked for another half hour!! I was more nervous this time than last just b/c last time went so smoothly, I knew I couldn't be so fortunate again. Fortunately I was! Once Dr. Phillips got to the room, he chatted with my dad for a minute then told him, Gic, Chasidi and Chelsi he needed to check me. Once he did, he said it's time to push, he's right here! WOW!! I couldn't believe it! The rest of the grandparents and AM weren't even here yet. 


We are so blessed to have a healthy, perfect baby boy. He is so tiny, a good bit smaller than his sister. 
He scored a perfect 10 on his APGAR!!

Jason Davis Howell 
11:31 am August 2, 2011
6 lb 14 oz
19 3/4 in long


 Very first picture with Mommy
 Big sister meeting him for the first time. She was more concerned about Mommy 
in the bed with stuff hooked up than she was about him.
 Daddy getting to hold Jason for the very first time.


 Big sister wanted Jason to see her new puppy and puppy had to give him a kiss. :)









He is such a blessing. He is nursing great, it is truly amazing to watch what an instinct it is. He is so tiny right now, I know it won't be long and he will be a big boy! How quickly you forget the itty bittiness though! I love it!

We will head home tomorrow and I'll add more pictures. 

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Jenny-if he isn't the most beautiful little baby boy! What a miracle. So happy for ya'll. The pictures are great! And AM is still as precious as ever too! And you look incredible. Enjoy being a mommy to a little girl and a baby boy-it's the best of both worlds!

Mary Tyler S. said...

What a blessing! congrats! Great pics too!

Unknown said...

He is perfect!! I'm glad to hear everything went so smoothly! I know you are ready to get home and into the swing of things. Can't wait to see more pictures!!

The Young Family said...

He is beautiful and perfect! Congrats to all 3 of you!!

Ames said...

I am so happy for you that it was such a smooth delivery!! I'm so enjoying seeing more of him every day in pictures, and can't wait to MEET him very soon!! Congrats again :)

Caroline Armstrong said...

I am bursting to come hold that little guy!!! I cannot wait!!!!!