Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jason's First Week!

We have had a great first week with our new baby. I am so incredibly blessed to be the mommy to two special children. They fill my heart with such joy. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true!

It's hard to believe that Jason was born just one week ago. In fact, as I'm typing this, he still wasn't even born. I can't remember life without him though. He is so precious and such a good baby. 

Anne Morgan has made me so proud. She is such a great big sister. She loves her baby brother and is a great helper for mommy. She RUNS to his room every time I say that it's time to change Jason's diaper so that she can help. So far she hasn't been jealous at all which is what I was worried about. In fact, she has shared some of her favorite things with him. And one of the cutest things is how she makes sure that he has his blue doggie lovie. She is so particular about this, SHE has to give it to him, she won't hand it to you to lay on him. When she notices that he doesn't have it she runs to find it and bring it to him. I can't believe I don't have a picture of it. I'm sure there will be plenty to come though. :)


 AM and Mollie watching over Jason and making sure the bouncy seat is on


Trying to give Jason his paci, which he doesn't really care for. That's frustrating for her! 
But she is so sweet about it.


Enjoying some sunshine in front of the window. 
Love having a crib with wheels that we can move around so easily!




Yesterday my mom, Brittny and the kids, Christopher and Sophie came over. We had so much fun. We went to the pool, of course Jason and I just sat in the shade under the pavilion while they all swam. I wish I had taken my camera to get pictures. AM loved getting to play in the water with them and it made me happy since I can't swim for 6 weeks. 

Then Christopher and Sophie wanted to hold Jason. It was precious!



Christopher wanted a turn, but Sophie said she wasn't finished.
 She told him to just hold his feet! It was hysterical!


Sweet cousins (AM was napping)


Christopher got his turn


Sophie is geared up and ready for Auburn football! We bought these for AM but haven't decided which to keep so Sophie tried them on for us. Needless to say, she loved them and when they left our house stopped by J&M to pick one up for herself! :)



Be back soon! I've got some updates on AM all of a sudden stepping into her a 
big girl role but don't have time to write any more. Oh! And she is starting "school" two weeks from today! I was worried, but they way she has handled the new addition I think she is going to love it! She has handled change really well. I'm so proud of her!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for AM! Doesn't it make you SO proud when they act so BIG. I hope AM will love school. I'm sure she will adjust qiuck and love it. It's def. going to be hard on you :) Jason is perfect... boys are such a blessing! Seeing him makes me more anxious to have Parker. Keep the pics coming!

Ames said...

Yay for AM! What a good big sissy! Reminds me of pictures my mom has of me with my little brother, Jeff... I can remember not liking him one bit the day we brought him home, but being in love with "my baby" from that point on :o) I'm so glad ya'll have had a great first week and hope it keeps up!!

The Olives said...

So sweet! He is precious, they both are!!! Hope ya'll are doing great!!!!!!

Caroline Armstrong said...

We cannot wait to see him and all of you this weekend and so happy the first week has been so wonderful!!!!