Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spend the Night Party!

This past Friday night we had our very first spend the night party! The one and only Sophie came to spend the day and night with us and we loved every single second of it. I'm not really sure why we haven't done this yet (since they are so close this year), but I can't wait to do it again soon. Very soon.  

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, AM and Sophie are two peas in a pod. They are so much alike and absolutely adore each other. Oh the squeals and laughter and dancing and running and...it was all so much fun! 

Grammie and Sophie came over Friday morning so that she could watch my two kids while I had somewhere to go. They played and played from what I heard. And I could tell when I got home just after lunch. AM was exhausted but still playing hard. I finally just asked her to go take a nap and she CRASHED. Sophie, Grammie and I watched Cinderella while she and Jason were asleep. Oh, and Sophie was dressed up as Cinderella. :)

We watched quite a few movies, they kept swapping clothes and shoes, played outside, ordered pizza, girls took a bath, and then they passed out. Sophie actually asked me at 5:30 if it was time to go to bed yet- I told you they play hard when they're together! I had her hold on as long as possible and put them to bed about 7:15. I kept them up that long so they could at least see Trey for a minute before going to bed. I had been worried that getting them to sleep was going to be a challenge b/c they get so excited around each other, but it was the easiest thing ever!

(these pictures may be a hodge podge, there are some from my phone and some from the camera and I'm not about to sort through them...if I did you wouldn't be getting a post :) )

After AM woke up, they set up shop in front of the television with a Disney movie marathon.

Sophie dressing AM...and AM actually cooperating!! Only for Sophie I guess.


Can't we just go on to be now?!!



Sophie wanted to sleep in AM's tent. She stayed in there all night. I had Jason's monitor set up in the girls' room and pointed at the tent. Y'all, she was out like a light in about 2 minutes. It was funny, once I shut the door, I rushed to the couch to sit down and watch the "show" on the monitor. They laughed for-maybe- a minute, then said good night and AM climbed in bed. About 10 minutes later I snuck in to take a picture and she was snoozing away. AM wasn't asleep yet but whispered to me to be quiet b/c Sophie was sleeping ;)

Right when they woke up Saturday morning they went straight for some juice and watched Mickey. 

Sophie also LOVES Jason, he loves her too.
 Silly girls!

 Sweet boy


After the girls shut me out of their room, they came out with all kinds of stuff and were "headed to Korea"!! (Sophie's dad is in Korea) They were hilarious. Apparently you can now walk to Korea in just a few short steps!! I wasn't allowed in Korea (the playroom) though. AM didn't even want me taking pictures.



Then it was time for another movie while waiting on Brittny and Christopher to come to Auburn to hang out before taking Princess Sophie home. 


This was so much fun and we can't wait to do it again. Sophie didn't want to leave and we didn't want her to. She had already spent two nights away though and her mommy and brother (I think, hehe) were ready for her to be home. 

3 comments:

Brittny said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Margaret said...

I love it too. How precious are those cousins!

The Vaughns said...

They are too cute!! I would love to watch them in person!! so fun to grwo up so close in ages!!