Sunday, January 25, 2009

Must Read

Wow.

I just finished reading Josh Hamilton's autobiography Beyond Belief. Most of you are probably wondering who Josh Hamilton is (that is based on the assumption that most of the readers are female and probably aren't as weird about sports as I am). He is a baseball player for the Texas Rangers. He was originally drafted out of high school as the #1 pick and there were incredible achievements expected from him, mostly lofty goals he set for himself. He was a good kid who ended up getting wrapped up in drugs and alcohol and sending his life spiraling downward. Only by the grace of God is he back in baseball today...and doing extremely well. I highly recommend this book to anyone. Even if you don't really care about baseball, it is still a fantastic read.

I love biographies, I've never been one much for novels. This is one I couldn't put down. To be honest though I really don't remember the last book that I read other than my recent spike in interest of pregnancy related books. I am so glad I read this though. He is such an inspiration. I have a copy if any of you would like to read it or know someone who might. Guys would love it. It's a very easy book to read. It seems like he is just talking straight to you. Let me know if you want to borrow it!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Have you gone to your ultrasound yet? Any updates? My SIL just found out they are having a girl, so I thought about you. And wondered if you had found out. Keep us posted.