Monday, January 12, 2009

Too Bad

To all of you fellow preggos out there, I hope you weren't as excited as I was to know about the maternity line of clothes from Ann Taylor Loft. They had the cutest stuff, great for work. Most of their clothes were exactly like the regular lines but in maternity. Well, I would check their page almost daily to see the new spring line. I don't really need any of the winter clothes because by the time I really need maternity clothes it will be springtime. I noticed yesterday there was no longer a tab for maternity. I promptly emailed customer service to confirm my suspicion. They emailed me back today to say that they indeed have cancelled that line for now. With the economy going the way it is right now they thought this would be one area they could conserve. Oh well, I was really looking forward to their clothes. Guess I'll stick with Old Navy and Gap. I have ordered a couple of cute summer dresses from Old Navy already-and they are cheap too! Do any of you have any favorite places to shop for maternity apparel? Particularly work attire, thanks to my sister I have a good selection of casual clothes for the warmer months!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Motherhood Maternity has great clothes for good prices. I got almost my entire work wardrobe from them. Really cute stuff though usually had to come from more expensive places. But Target always had cute Liz Lange stuff to choose from!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, theswankystork.com has some cute things. My mother in law got me some outfits from there. I think its in Birmingham.

Amanda said...

Well I have never been pregnant so I can't really contribute to this but wanted to tell you that the swanky stork store is owned by Mary Ann, Bryson and Beth Montgomery. FYI

The Harless Family said...

The swankystock used to be right down the road from me but they have gone out of buisness.. the owners (Beth Montgomery and her sisters) bought the Pickles and Ice Cream in Homewood and consolidated the 2 stores. They also own a childrens store called Fireflies and Fairytales. I agree with Margaret.. I got alot of my stuf from Motherhood Maternity (there is one in EastChase). I also found alot at Marmi at the Summit. Good Luck! Enjoy your belly!

The Nebrigs said...

I wish I had another suggestion for you, I would wear my maternity jeans and then buy large shirts from target to go over my big belly. Also to answer your question, I got my bumper from javisdavis, you can check them out online www.javisdavis.com. Good luck on the hunt for maternity cloths!