Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Check-up and New Friends

AM had her one year check-up today. Everything went great. That is until her shots. Poor baby! She was not happy but it didn't last too long. The doctor also asked if her ears had been bothering her. She said they were a little pink. I didn't notice anything different but it seems now that it has been brought to my attention I do notice her tugging on her ears a little bit. We'll see how it goes. Dr. W said that if we needed to we could just call back and she would call us in an antibiotic.

Anne Morgan was 24 lb 6 oz (90th%)
30 1/2 in. long (90th%)
18 in. head circumference (70th%)

So she has grown 2 inches and gained 2 lbs since her 9 month check up.

I'm in the middle of trying to transition her to one nap per day. However, Dr. W said not to worry that she was still napping 2-3 times per day. So I won't push it but we'll see. I am also ready to give up the paci. She has never been one to walk around with it all of the time but we do use it to put her to sleep and in the car. Lately she loves the "game" of throwing it over the side of the crib so then I can come get it, hand it back to her, and then she'll go to sleep. I, on the other hand, do not love this game so much. We are thinking about going to the beach this weekend. If we do I may wait until we get back so she can have it on the drive. I don't know how tough I will be on getting rid of it but I do know that I'm ready to and that it only gets harder the longer you wait.

We have stayed busy lately with some new friends. The family across the street has 4 kids. They range from 3 yrs. to 10 or 11. The older two love dogs and have a black lab puppy, King. We've gotten to know them b/c they would always ask about Mollie and Beasley or for advice. They started out asking if Mollie could come out front for them to meet her and play. Once they were comfortable with her they wanted to meet Beasley. This has turned into a daily "play time" with King in our front yard. I'm talking about 2-2 1/2 hours standing in the front yard in 100 degree heat!! Wow! They are the sweetest kids ever. And I love that they love my dogs. M & B love them too, they don't exactly love being outside in the sun playing chase when it's that hot though. This fall will be better. Well my hands were pretty much tied when I had to just stand in the front yard. I couldn't get anything done. AM got bored...and HOT but they just kept playing...and playing...and playing. EVERY SINGLE TIME I pull up in the driveway or go to get in the car, they come running outside to see if they can come play. I think they just sit in their kitchen and stare out the window for me.

I love kids. I always have. So naturally I love this, that they love playing and feel so comfortable. The daughter, Trinity, told me that we were the nicest neighbors they have ever had. She is always so complimentary of us, our yard, the little things. They are so well mannered and polite. And cute. And exhausting. :)

I told them, and their mom when she came outside, they were welcome to come play in our backyard with the dogs and on the new swing set. Their parents didn't want them to at first and I understood that, we don't really know each other. Well finally Monday she said they could. They asked me when I walked outside to go to the gym if they could come play. I told them I had some errands to run and had to go to the gym but they were welcome to when I got home. When I returned, before I could turn the car off they were in the driveway. I didn't feel comfortable just leaving them back there and going inside (even though I was DYING to take a shower and get dinner started) so AM and I and the dogs played with them in the back yard. Eventually I told them that I had to go inside and feed AM. I didn't know if they would head home then or not, they didn't. I told them I would be right inside the door and if they needed me they could come get me and I would be watching them. After a minute, Trinity came inside to go to the bathroom. Then Elijah. Then Joshua. (The youngest was at home) Trinity said that she and Elijah liked cleaning and asked if they could clean the house!!! So they did. And they watched the Disney channel. I kept thinking they would go home for dinner but they stayed, and stayed, and stayed. Trey was really late coming home that night and when he did get home he walked inside and saw the house full! Of course he loved it too but could tell by looking at me that I was exhausted. Their mom called and called them home for dinner. Oh I forgot to mention that King, their puppy, is 100% puppy! He jumps, bites, chews, eats anything he can find, etc. I couldn't even put AM down so I had to hold her this whole time.

The next day Trinity was waiting for me in the driveway. She told me that her mom told her the night before they could come over once a week. She looked so sad. A couple of times I have had to tell them that I had to go somewhere and we couldn't play and they gave me the same reaction. Not rude, just disappointed. I can't tell you how sweet they are, and adorable.

I didn't mean to write so much about this. Sorry! I bet no one is even reading this anymore. At least I have an account of it. And that isn't even everything!! I'm sure there will be many more posts in the future about our new friends. And maybe some pictures too. I don't feel comfortable taking pictures and posting them just yet. I don't want them to be leery of their new friend! Perhaps if we go to their church we could get some...Trinity invited us. Her dad is the preacher. Let's just say we may "stick out" at their church but she was so sweet to ask. I told her maybe if they had a special Christmas program we would come.

They also gave her a birthday present! We had only talked maybe 2 times at that point. They are so sweet.

One more thing, I have now joined a gym!! Yep! I am actually really motivated right now so I hope I can stick with it. I have done several classes and love it. I was really nervous about doing it since-if I'm truly honest with myself- it has been a while since I have REALLY worked out. On a regular basis to boot! Wish me luck, hopefully you will see some improvements in pictures soon!!

Have a happy Wednesday. It's so stinkin' hot outside!!!!

No comments: