Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Georgia Aquarium

Well I thought I was going to wait to do this post. I had a few extra minutes this morning and thought I would take advantage.

Saturday we headed over to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. We considered this Trey's birthday trip (his bday was Sunday-happy birthday!!) Apparently we weren't the only ones who decided to go that day. I highly recommend taking a trip to this aquarium...just don't do it on a rainy Saturday this close to school starting. We had a great time but the crowd was insane. I asked one of the workers when we were in the first exhibit if this was normal and she said she had never seen it so crowded. We definitely want to go back when it will be less crowded. Anne Morgan absolutely loved it. Here are some of the 630 pictures that we took. We had a hard time figuring out what setting to put the camera on. It was hard to get the fish in the background as well as us and not blur or be too dark. It was also hard to get AM to look at the camera when there was so much else to look at! Not to mention she lasted in her stroller about 5 minutes. I was really close to going to the gift shop and buying her one of those leash/harness things.

A shot of the crowd!
AM was immediately interested!
So cool! I've never seen one of these sharks before. (I love sharks by the way...Shark Week is one of my favorite series)
Sometimes she was more interested in us though...







Never seen a Lionfish either



Trey was bound and determined to get some pictures of the TWO hammerhead sharks together. He said it was well worth the wait. Apparently they were flirting.
She was tuckered out by the end.
It was a great afternoon. Happy Birthday Trey! One day I want to go back and spend the night with AM when she gets older. Yep! You can spend the night at the aquarium. How cool is that?!

2 comments:

Mary Tyler S. said...

I love the pic of all of you where she is looking up at the fishies! So cute!

The Scott family said...

We loved the Aquarium too and have a picture of Leighton and me that's almost exactly like the one of Anne Morgan looking up at the fish in the tunnel. I think July is a busy month. We went last July and could hardly move!