Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hunting for a Name!

Well we've had 2 Easter egg hunt's today. First, we went to the Auburn Egg Hunt at Kiesel Park. It was madness. I thought there would be more kids AM's age there but apparently they must have all gone to the Parkway Baptist one. Guess we should have done that too, we will know for next year. We had fun though, got a couple of pictures.




THEN, when we got home, we decided that it was time to make a final decision on baby boy's name. We've known the first name, in fact I've known that for many years and Trey agreed long ago. We just couldn't decide on a middle name. There were several that we really liked but couldn't commit. So we decided to leave it up to big sister and her egg hunting skills.

We wrote down our final two names four times each and put the names in plastic eggs. Then it was her turn to pick up eggs, we stopped her at five and the decision was made. In a 3-2 count baby boy now has a name!

Jason Davis Howell

We are very happy and excited to finally have it decided. As most of you probably know, Jason was my oldest brother's name. He actually gave me my name. I always wanted to name my son after him, hoping my brother or sister didn't take the name first. :)

Now I feel like we have the ball rolling. He has his first outfit with his name on it now too.
I ordered some fabric samples and they came in yesterday. Some I really liked and some I did not at all. Now I just have to decide on something but at least we're making progress!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Such a special you have chosen. AM is cute as always :) Happy Easter!

The Cobbs said...

Love his name, Jennifer. What an incredible way to honor your brother! AM looks like such a big girl! She's beautiful!! :)

Margaret said...

So special. I love it and yall are so fun how you decided on his middle name!

Anonymous said...

I love the name! So special and sweet!

The Vaughns said...

Just started crying....Im so emotional at some things! What a special name and I know Jason is smiling from heaven!!

Lee Goodwyn said...

What a precious name!!! So happy for yall!!!!

Amanda said...

Love the name and how special for your family! That is an adorable outfit too. I want something with a lab on it for Will. Where did you get it?

carolineo said...

Jenny- tearing up a little at that name :) I love it. Love the middle name too- great job AM! ;)