Friday, April 8, 2011

Week 2

Well I fully intended to do another post this week but for some reason I haven't found the time to sit down with the computer all week. I can't believe it's already Friday!

We finished week 2 of ISR lessons today. I am so proud of Anne Morgan! She is able to float on her back now! She still has work to do on it but she is able to do it nonetheless. She talks about her teacher Miss Ashley ("Ash-ee") all of the time. So cute! For those of you interested in the specifics of the class b/c you are thinking about it too, she IS still crying. She gets excited to go there and even when she sees Miss Ashley and I know she enjoys her time in the water. A couple of days this week she didn't cry at all. Today she did but she was still able to perform. I'm not worried about the tears though. It's actually kind of funny. Not "funny funny" but funny b/c I know she is having fun and she really likes her teacher now that she knows her, I don't know if SHE knows why she is crying.

She is doing SO well and I am so glad we are doing this class. I asked her teacher this week about this class versus a traditional private swimming lesson b/c I have had people ask. I knew how to explain this one but didn't know what they would learn in a typical class. She said that in a typical class before the age of 3 it is really just getting them familiar with the water. Before age 3 you can't really teach them anything as far as swimming goes. You could get them to kick their legs, but they aren't able to hold their head or body up to be able to swim before that age. And they can learn to float on their back, potentially, but since they don't go every single day for a few minutes like they do with ISR the results aren't as drastic. She said it could take 2-3 years to teach a child to swim with those methods. And she teaches regular swimming classes too. That's why I asked her. While this is more expensive and time consuming up front it is more effective in the long run. Not to mention life saving.

Now on to other things, This picture below makes me laugh. I think AM has been looking at her cousin Sophie's fashion sense a little too much lately. A few nights ago when she got out of the bathtub and we were putting her pi's on, she grab these two socks and this pair of shoes. She HAD to put them on with her nightgown.


And she wanted a yellow bow. She is really into bows these days. So here she is dancing to American Idol in all of her stylishness. She LOVES American Idol. She gets so excited when she hears the intro music




She has been a handful this week. If you are on Facebook, you know that we had a few rough days and nights when it came time to take a nap or go to bed. Anne Morgan has been the MOST AMAZING child I have EVER seen or heard of about going to bed up to this point. A week or so ago things changed. She started refusing and pitching a fit when it was time. She has gotten now to where when we tell her it's time to go "night-night" she will run to the couch, grab a blanket and want to cuddle. We of course love this b/c she has never done this, but we also know it's just a technique to stay up. We stopped that right away. The past several nights I decided that we would tell her it was time to put her nighttime diaper on and then for about 20 minutes we could cuddle on the couch. Once the words "night-night" were said though, it was time to go to bed. Well, I must say that last night it worked like a charm! We were both in shock. So now it's our favorite time of the day, at least if it stays that way. The past 2 days she has napped well too. And when I say napped well I mean went to take her nap well. She always sleeps well, it was just a matter of getting her to that point. I had to turn her doorknob around and lock her in her room. I HATE doing that. But it really only took a few days. I think we are back on track now and that makes Mommy super happy.

In baby news, things are still going well. He is measuring right on track and my doctor still says I'm the healthiest pregnant patient he has. I don't know how many mommies he says that too, but I'll take it. When I go for my next appointment I have the diabetes test...yippee! If I remember correctly though, it wasn't as bad (the drink) as I expected it to be. I just hope I pass. I've been pretty bad this pregnancy as of late with my eating habits. I started out so well, but I've been giving in a lot more lately. Not a good thing. I'm still working out 4-5 days per week and feel good. The past week or so I've been having some contractions though so my doctor just said to drink more water and listen to my body. We haven't even begun on the nursery. We still have to clear out that bedroom which I hope to do soon and then I can get started on it. We're still working on the name too. As I mentioned before, we just have to decide on the middle name. We're tossing several around but haven't come close to deciding on it.

Sorry this ended up being so long...and without any good pictures. I didn't mean for it to. And I don't have any pictures to share either. Gotta work on that. Hopefully we will take some tomorrow. We are headed over to my parents house to visit with my Grandpa, my mom's dad. He lives in North Carolina. We haven't seen him since our wedding and I am so excited to introduce he and Anne Morgan. I hope to get some pictures. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Brittny said...

I love the dancing!!! And sorry that Sophie has influenced her in the clothing area. I was really hoping it would go the other way!! Last night I finally pulled out all the things I hate for her to wear and hid them. That way, whatever she comes out wearing, at least I like them individually!