Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2 1/2 and 5 Months

We had a wonderful New Years and I hope you did too. We are excited to see what 2012 holds. Trey and I had a few days to the two of us to close out 2011 and it was really nice. We went to dinner and a movie one night and then to Atlanta for the Auburn game too. AM and Jason were at my parents house and it sounded like they had an absolute blast. My sister and kids were there for a couple of days too so I can only imagine how much fun was had. 

Here is a picture of Sophie and AM sleeping in the same bed the first night. You think they were worn out or what?! I just wish I had been a fly on the wall in that room that night. This was AM's first time to share a room with someone other than her parents. 

It's hard to believe that she will be 2 1/2 this month. In some ways I can't believe she is already that old but in others she seems much older than she really is. Her vocabulary expands every single day and she is so funny, and observant, with the things she says. School has been a great thing for her and I love to see how much she is learning and the friends she is making. She has the sweetest little friends and I love to hear her talk about them. It's even cuter when she sees friends out and about around town and they get excited to see each other. This is such a fun age. 

She has done so well with her potty training. It was really not that bad at all. That is except for going #2. We are still working on that. The problem is not accidents but getting her to go. She's scared to go so the problem just compounds itself. We're getting there though and I am so proud of what she has done already. I never imagined we would already be in panties at 2 1/2, not to mention have been for several months now. 

Here are some pictures of the past few days.

She is still obsessed with all things Mickey Mouse, Little Einsteins and Clifford. Here she is putting on a little concert while watching "Einsteins" She was gettin' down!!





(here is the new wall in the playroom...it's a work in progress. Still need to frame it out)

I love seeing what she makes at school and brings home. I have saved every single thing that she has made. This ornament in particular has a special place in my heart. It is so sweet and I still don't know how they pulled that off. I will save it forever! I had a teacher friend laminate the picture for me. 

She got a life size Minnie Mouse for Christmas from her aunts Chasidi and Chelsi. 
Needless to say, she LOVES her! 


Now this is a cute little dog that my crafty dad made for me. We love it around here! My 5 year old nephew saw a wooden dog somewhere so he told Pop that he wanted to make one. Not having anything to go by, the two of them came up with this. Isn't he cute? His legs, head, tongue and eyes move and his tail even wags! That was Christopher's idea. He told Pop that the tail needed to wag so Pop said "let's figure out how to do that" to which Christopher added "use a spring!" Smart kid!





Jason is 5 months old already! He is so precious. He's a happy little boy and I love him so much. He is just so sweet. He is sleeping great (8-7 or so), rolling over both ways, sitting up (longer periods each day, still have to really watch him), starting to pull his legs up underneath him as he reaches for things, and ADORES his jumper! Remember AM in the jumper? Well...he is the same way. He could stay in there all day I believe. He gets so excited...and gets good exercise. He is so content when he is in there, I have to eventually take him out and lay him down for a nap. He won't fuss, but when I lay him down he goes right to sleep! 

He is such a blessing. He is the little boy I've always dreamed of. 



 While at Grammie and Pop's he had his first lawn mower ride. We've got pics of each of the grandkids doing this, so far I think every single one has loved it. 

Such a big boy sitting up!

He loves Mollie, they are becoming best friends. 

Last night he tried his first real food. I started with sweet potatoes and he LOVED it!


5 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE that wooden doggie! And I can't believe Jason is sitting up already! Will isn't there yet but soon. He can prop himself up for a second.

Brittny said...

That photo of AM singing at the piano is hysterical!!!! Love those kiddos like my own and miss them already!!! Can't wait to get together again!

Margaret said...

They are so precious! And that is just awesome that AM is potty trained! I know yall are so proud-that is a big deal!

Caroline Armstrong said...

For what it is worth, Hunter STILL refuses to poop at school....so he just holds it until he gets home. I think some kiddos are just not fond of pooping. But she is doing so great for 2 1/2!!!!!!!! And I cannot belive Jason is sitting up! They are both just so cute!

Lindy said...

Precious little AM and J! I can't believe the dog that your dad made! You must be the most talented family (carpenters, sewers, etc.) I know! :)