Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wake Up Call!!!!

So I've had a bit of a wake up call today. I've known for a while now that I can't fit into the large majority of my clothes anymore. I don't understand what has happened either. I eat very healthy, always have and I have been more active in the last year than in the previous 5 or so years...yet I keep gaining weight!! I've been working on it though, so far not much success but at least I'm out there working on it. But today there were a couple of things that have made it more evident than ever. I had to get a new driver's license today, and we all know we dread the picture. You have to stare at it for 4 years! Well a year ago when I got a new one (to change my name) I actually really liked my driver's license picture (not possible, right?). Today, I was not so lucky. It is awful!! Of course they zoomed in and made me fill up the whole box, and the picture of me is appalling anyways, but to compare the pictures from today to just over one year ago is eye-opening! Gross!

On another note: I had to take Mollie and Beasley in for checkups today. Well, apparently not only have I let myself go but the dogs too! Both of them are overweight!! Mollie is a whopping 97 lbs and Beasley 103.6! The funny (or not so funny) thing is Mollie has more to lose than Beasley. Dr. Golden said he wants Mollie down to at least 85 and Beasley to 96 or so. It was so depressing. I expained that we walk (almost) everyday and I tried to take them running last night. (I don't like to run with them b/c I have less control over them but thought I would try it). Well he stopped me in mid-sentence and said it was dangerous for Mollie to run. DANGEROUS!! Oh my gosh! I can't believe this. Once we left the vet's office we went straight to Shakespeare and walked for almost an hour. On the way home I had to stop and PetCo and switch to a weight management food, how sad.

So I've decided that I am going to hold myself accountable using this blog. Now every post won't be about this, but I am going to have Trey take a "before" picture of myself and the pups. I'm not only responsible for myself but the health of my dogs, so we're going to do this together. Hopefully all three of us can show great improvement by Christmas. That will be a gift to myself. I'll add the pictures later...so you can throw up! :)

***Trey did give me a new pair of running shoes for my birthday last week. They are a pair of Nike+ and I used the money my grandmother gave me to buy the wristband and sensor for my shoe. This is the coolest thing. I'm sure I'm really late to using this but I've got it now and I LOVE it! I used it last night for the first time, so between my new gadget and the wake-up calls today I should be motivated.

2 comments:

Lee Goodwyn said...

Whatever! You have always been skinny since childhood! There is no way you are big... sorry about the lack o' posts. I am trying to get better! Hope yall are doing well! Have a great weekend

Brittny said...

that's crazy! those dogs are huge! i thought ame's dog was the only one that weighed over 100 pounds. good luck with the excercise routine too. brandon has started a crazy one and i really need to get in better shape. right now it consists of pulling the wagon once around the block and trying to hold sophie down to change her diaper. they don't burn as much as you think they do. maybe the 5 of us will have soemthing to show for it by christmas!