Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two Weeks

Anne Morgan was two weeks old Monday! I stopped by her doctor's office yesterday to check her weight since she doesn't have her first appointment for two more weeks. At two weeks she should be back to her birth weight of 7lb 7oz (she was 6 lb 15 oz when we left the hospital). Well...not only had she gained all of it back, she surpassed her birth weight! She is now 8 lb 1oz!! Needless to say I was so excited. The first week I was a nervous wreck that she wasn't getting anything to eat from me and was just starving. There was no doubt when my milk came in though and I guess it's safe to say her feeding is going well. 

Tomorrow Grammie and Pop are headed our way for the day. Anne Morgan and I sure are looking forward to it. We will just hang out and go to lunch somewhere. Late tomorrow afternoon we will head to Montgomery for the night. Trey and I are going to a Biscuits game with others from his office (if it doesn't get rained out) and his mom is going to babysit Anne Morgan. I'm sure I will be ready to leave the game ASAP to get home to my baby girl. I am certainly looking forward to the game though, don't get me wrong. I love going to the Biscuits games but I haven't spent several hours apart from her yet! Friday when Trey gets off of work we are off to the beach for the weekend. I know we won't be able to do much but it will be nice to get out of town. We are fortunate to have a place to go whenever we want and while I may not be able to take Anne Morgan on the beach yet or get in the pool, there is a really nice balcony with lounge chairs that will be calling my name. I'll still be able to get some sun up there! Hopefully my sister and her family will be able to come over and play and my brother-in-law too...he hasn't met Anne Morgan yet. Have a good weekend!

Doesn't she look so cute in pants? We tried these on her the other night and I couldn't get over how cute pants were on her! (I know she's fussy in the last picture but it was the best one I could get of her in the pants...it was time to eat and then to bed!)



2 comments:

Brittny said...

she reminds me so much of sophie at that age!!!! i can't wait to see you all this weekend!!!!!!

Catie Murphy said...

Jennifer! She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I am loving these pictures...