Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sleeping Beauty


I have to brag on my little girl. I've been meaning to write since last week that she has been sleeping for six hours at night now. Well, last night she slept for seven and a half!! I got up to feed her at 4:30 and she went back to sleep around 5:20. I just woke her up about forty five minutes ago, that is another four hours! Can I tell you how rested I feel today?! It's great! Now, I know it may just be a one time thing but then again maybe not. Regardless, it was great.


What's the difference this past week? Well, now I know some of you will think I'm crazy b/c of what all the experts say, but I let her sleep on her tummy now. It was an instant improvement in her sleep. I was always too scared to let her sleep on her back so I always had her on her side and then at naps on her tummy. I didn't want her to get too used to any one thing in particular. Last Monday, she was six weeks old, I decided to try letting her sleep at night on her tummy and it was the first six consecutive hours she (and I) slept. (I know this may be more boring information than you care to read, I wanted to have it for my records though)

Well we're off to go on a walk now, it feels INCREDIBLE outside. I wish there was some way to capture what it feels like and share it with all of you. I know there have been a lot of posts the past couple of days, better than none though, right?!! Have a great day, I hope this weather continues...especially for football! WAR EAGLE!

**Beasley should get to come home tomorrow. We can't wait. Then maybe his sister Mollie will start eating again.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

She is such a beautiful baby Jennifer! And I am so sorry about Beasley. I do not know how anyone could hurt an animal, especially a dog!!

Brittny said...

i LOVE that bottom shot!!!!! she is so cute!!!! i want to see her again. i'm so glad you figured out how to get her to sleep better. i always was scared to put my kids on their backs too. glad you know what works!