Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Weekend

I turned 29 yesterday. I've been celebrating for a few days! My parents came over on Thursday and we went to lunch, shopping and treated ourselves to yogurt. Friday we went to Montgomery to Holiday Market and lunch with a friend. Saturday was a fantastic birthday present...Auburn beat LSU in a great game! Yesterday we went to the zoo in Atlanta and when we came home Auburn moved up to #1 in the BCS standings! War Eagle! What a great way to celebrate. I have to admit I extended it into this morning and have been really lazy. I didn't feel well this morning so when AM took her nap I did too. It was wonderful...and we even had rain. Yep! I can't even remember when it last rained, but I'll consider it one more birthday present. :)

Here are some pictures from the zoo yesterday. There are quite a few, but only a few from the 350 that we took! Apparently we missed the memo, it was Boo in the Zoo so EVERYONE (even the adults) were in costumes.

Just arriving, AM is still waking up, she slept most of the way to Atlanta





"Mommy, what is that?" It's a pig sweetie, yuck!
Ready for more after lunch. Oh, at lunch we let her try ketchup with her fries for the first time. Just like her mommy, she loves it! (I haven't ever let her try sauces b/c I hate the mess!)

On the way to see the pandas...



"Whoa!!"

The Sun Bear
And the tiger.......Warrr Eagle! :)

I loved the orangutans, they are so funny!

And the gorillas were amazing, they're so so huge!

Of course the giraffes are always awesome!
Ready to go home but we had a great time!
In other news, Anne Morgan now has 4 teeth on top and is getting another one, or two, on the bottom! I will have to do a post soon on all of the funny things she is doing now. So stay tuned.

4 comments:

Megan Weimer said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend!!

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great birthday! Glad you were able to rest-you need it I'm sure! And once again, thanks so much for Simms' birthday outfit! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

The Olives said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Anne Morgan is SOOOO stinkin cute!

Home Generator Savannah said...

Awesome blog you havve here