Monday, March 28, 2011

Last week we were fortunate enough to go to my parent's house and visit with them and my sister and her kids. We love any chance we get to see our family. We are so excited that we're going to be seeing a lot more of Brittny and the kids in the future since they are moving to Montgomery! Unfortunately that means that my brother in law Brandon will be sent to Korea for a year. That's the bad part. I'm looking forward to seeing Christopher and Sophie on a regular basis and letting the kids spend lots of time together. AM and Sophie are just alike and I can't wait to see them over the next year.

Thursday afternoon AM actually went to Pop so I snuck back inside and let them spend some one on one time together. She loves Pop but she is weird about going to any man other than her Daddy. Actually, she does great when we get to Grammie an Pop's house about going to him...that is until she sees Grammie. Anyways, I snuck a few pictures of their time together.


Here they are in the new fort that Pop is in the middle of building. He is always up to something (COOL) for the grandkids. They are going to LOVE this fort!



Here is Sophie giving AM a hug before we left. These two girls are hilarious!

Brittny had some more pictures that you can check out here

This morning Anne Morgan had her first swimming lesson. She is taking the ISR swimming course so it's pretty intense. To sum it up she will go every single weekday for 6 weeks. We have to record every time she eats (and what she eats), sleeps, urinates and has a B.M. Each lesson is a max of 10 minutes long and that's because of the intensity. It's not a normal "learn to swim" class. They won't be learning techniques and strokes, it's a survival class. Once the course is over she will be able to save herself if she were to ever fall in the water. As much as this child is going to be around water, this is a must.

Here she is before her first lesson.
And after!
As the course progresses I will take pictures and videos but for now it's a matter of getting her used to the water and the teacher. Stay tuned though! I know we are going to be so proud of her!! I was just after today! :)

4 comments:

Margaret said...

That swim class sounds wonderful! Simms is taking lessons this summer but I don't think they are that rigorous {i know they aren't; wish they were as much as we are around water too} And again, thanks for the clothes...everything is PERFECT

Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

Hello - I'm a total stranger and have stumbled upon your blog when doing a search on ISR. My daughter is enrolled in the course in Chicago starting in a few weeks on April 18th. (We are about to move in to a house with a pool.) My daughter is 25 months old and has been going to the pool about 2 times a week for the last year, most weeks. She loves the pool, though it was a struggle to get her to like it. My husband is terrified that this class will make her hate going to the pool/the water, and our buying the pool house will suck because she'll hate it and never go near it. I feel that it's a very critical skill, even though the pool is closed off and I never leave my kid alone, you just never know... So, please please post progress. I heard they cry terribly the first 3-6 lessons! Please please let us know how it goes!!! Hope you don't mind us reading! (Irene from Chicago - benandirene.com)

Caroline Armstrong said...

well, I pray that is goes smoothly for you all. She looked pretty good after the 1st one!