Monday, May 23, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby...

Yesterday we were putting some stuff up in the attic and decided to go ahead and get a few things down that we'll need when Jason arrives. The first was the swing. AM lit up when she saw it! She couldn't get her baby in it fast enough. I set it up in her room for the time being since she was having so much fun with it. Well, a little while after doing so, she was calling for me and I went to see what she was up to. SHE was in the swing! And loving it and so proud of herself! She is so funny these days.




Mommy is getting ready too. This pregnancy has been different than my first one. The main thing is the fact that I am carrying SO low. I feel like my belly is in my lap already and I'm only 29 weeks! I don't just feel like it, it is. With AM, she must have been much higher. I didn't have trouble getting off of the couch or off of a chair this soon. I did have more trouble breathing with her, I haven't noticed that one bit this time. I don't know where he is going to "drop" to when it's time! Clothes are not comfortable, not even maternity clothes. Nothing with any sort of a waist band is comfortable. I'm also very frustrated with the constant weight gain. I try to manage it, but this time around the weight just keeps coming. Granted, I'm craving food that's not so healthy, but I'm also working out a lot more than I did when I was pregnant last time. I'm sure that being at home this pregnancy has added to this issue since I can go into the pantry at any point in time as opposed to being at work. I'm just worried where I will be by the time I deliver!

Most of all, I'm just so ready to meet our little guy! We're finally making progress on his room. We still need to get a car seat since the one we had with AM went to consignment with her stroller. We'll have to get a different kind to work with the new double stroller. Once we've done that, we'll just have to wait! I'm sure with all of the fun and excitement of the summer, it will be here before we know it!


6 comments:

starnes family said...

It will be here before you know it! How fun......enjoy every minute!

Margaret said...

I know you look wonderful! And I know Jason is going to be just as beautiful as AM! Seriously, I would love to have her skin! I feel like I've told you that 50 times, but it is gorgeous!

The Olives said...

AM is so stinkin cute! I carried H SO low and I am carrying Clayton so high, my ribs are hurting:) I think the old wives tales are so true about how you carry boys and girls! Not too much longer!!

The Vaughns said...

I just put a new swing together 2 days go and they were so excited too! Adeline put her dolls in it and Max tried to climb in. AM is so cute in that swing!! They are starting to get really excited. I know how you feel about the weight gain, I swear Im not just sitting at home shoving food down my mouth, but I am gaining so fast and so much more in the end! UHG!!!Love the pics of Jason!

Ames said...

AM is such a cutie pie in that swing! Jenny, I have to say, I feel ridiculous because I'm already freaked out by my appetite at 16 weeks, and just this week, I swear I feel like I am growing daily. It scares me that I have so long to go and all that time to keep growing!

Caroline Armstrong said...

Oh that papasan swing is the best!!!!!
And I love the images in the previous post with Jason sucking his thumb and holding the side of his head....so sweet already!!! cannot wait to meet the sweet boy!