Monday, May 9, 2011

MothER's Day 2011

Well you are probably wondering why the E and R in the title are capitalized, or you thought it was a typo. Wrong.

Mother's Day weekend started out great! AM and I went to Montgomery to see the Howell's and give her Aunt Chasidi a birthday present (she shared her bday with Mother's Day this year). We planned on spending the whole day swimming and grilling out. It started out that way. Unfortunately after lunch, Miss Priss had an accident. A total freak accident, it still doesn't really make sense that it was possible. We were all in the kitchen and playing with AM and all of a sudden she fell and hit her nose on the trash can. You wouldn't think anything of it, there aren't any sharp edges or anything on the trash can. Well Chasidi said "there's blood!" and then after she caught herself, AM started crying. We couldn't imagine how much blood there was. Poor thing, she sliced her nose open! I say sliced b/c that's exactly what it was, it looked like something sharp just sliced right through her nose. I immediately called my dad, Pop. He was working in the yard at the lake but said he would meet us at the ER in town. So we all (Gik, Grandaddy, Chasidi and Chelsi) loaded up and headed to the ER. It sure is nice having doctors in the family at times like this. I just knew she needed stitches. Sure enough, she has 4 stitches in her nose. It was so hard to see her in pain and not knowing what to do. My mom, Grammie, came to town with my dad so she and I went to the gift shop while he and 2 nurses (to hold her) to get away from the screaming. Grammie got her a balloon and one of the nurses gave her a teddy bear when we left.

I don't have any pictures from our time with them b/c I was counting on Chelsi to take pictures. Well, her camera was charging before lunch and then we had this bit of an emergency right as we finished up lunch. So we don't have any.

I must say, her nose is healing well and she has handled it in typical AM fashion...like a champ! She doesn't even really seem to notice it. It was hard to keep her hands away from her face at first but now it's much easier. I was already relieved when I walked in the room and Pop had her stitched up, it looked so much better cleaned up and closed up. And I was prepared to wake up yesterday to half of her face bruised but it actually looked better. So without further adieu, here she is.



I didn't take any pictures of it on Saturday, but these are from first thing Sunday morning. I was SOOOO pleased with how much better it looked. And let me tell you, she has not slowed down one bit! We are just going to have to find inside activities for this week since we won't be able to swim and they are showing 90 degrees every day this week.





I hope all of you mommies out there had a super special day. Ours was different than planned since we didn't get to go to church which I was really disappointed in. We just didn't know how she would do with her nose and didn't want to expose her to extra germs kids to play with. And we planned on swimming yesterday afternoon. Instead, I asked if we could go to the mexican restaurant and get fajitas so we did. After lunch Trey took AM home and I was treated to a pedicure, it was divine. When I got home, she was still napping so I crawled in bed with her and napped too! Then it was off to get some yogurt and run a few errands. It was a wonderful day. Ijust hope my little patient heals completely very soon.

5 comments:

carolineo said...

Jennifer- our mothers day didnt go as planned either! But Im so glad all the babies are better now! And you look great btw!!

Margaret said...

Jenny! I am so sorry to hear about AM and her sweet little nose! I know how awful the ER is thanks to Simms' ear incident also involving stitches! Glad she's healing well! And Happy Mother's Day to a great mommy!

Caroline Armstrong said...

when Grammie told us about it...it sounds so crazy!!! I am so glad AM is okay and that you were able to enjoy Sunday!!!!

The Vaughns said...

Poor AM!! Could she be any cuter!! I could just squeeze her!!

Brittny said...

I love her dress!!!! I'm glad she is doing so well too!