Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Trip to the Beach

We just got home from another weekend at the beach. We were able to spend a few days with a friend of mine from my days at Kentucky. Allison and I haven't seen each other since her little girl was AM's age (exactly) and she will be 5 in August! It was so fun to catch up and for our girls to meet and play together. AM loved Ava, she still gets excited when I ask her about Ava! I look forward to doing this again in the future.

The first night we caught up, Ava told me all about the pool that she and her parents built on the beach that day. "It was so cool, there was sand, the ocean AND a pool you could sit in!" So the very next morning we recreated it and AM had just as much fun with it!

Isn't she cute! She looks just like her mommy. Which by the way, Allison and I didn't get a single picture together. Oh well, it's probably better that way, after all she is about 5'10" and a marathon runner...and well, I'm none of the above! ha! I felt like quite the whale on the beach next to her.

Wow! We actually took a picture of the two girls together.
We had to snap quickly b/c AM does not want to stay put.

We spent a lot of time at Baytowne, I love that place. I think AM does too. She and Ava rode the carousel together the first night. It was her first time to ride one. We had to ride again the next night...and finally the last day too. We actually took some pictures the last time. She LOVED the carousel.


Then she found these little puppies outside of a children's shop.
Needless to say she loved them too. We didn't buy one though. They were $39.99 and didn't do anything. That's why they are called Perfect Petz I guess. For that price I would think they would do something!



We also spent quite a bit of time at the playground there.

We had a great time. I wish I had more of a variety of pictures to show from the weekend, but we were busy enjoying the company. We had some great food, a great time and I can't wait to get together with them again. Hopefully this time it won't be 3 years between visits.

1 comment:

Darius Cartmell said...

My daughter Maxie also loves those mini beach pools we make her on our beach trips. AM and Ava are such cuddly cutie pies! I hope they too have a beautiful friendship like the one you have with Allison.