Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Start of a Busy Summer

Whew! The summer has just now officially started and I feel like it's already booked up, probably because it is! We have something going on all summer long. That's wonderful, that means we have lots of family and friends to see, but so much for a lazy summer where you are looking for things to occupy your time!

This past weekend we had 2 birthday parties. First was AM's friend Addison's party in Montgomery. She had a Mickey Mouse party so it was lots of fun. I'm not sure if I have mentioned to you how much AM LOVES Mickey! She had so much fun. They even had Mickey show up at the party, at that point she wasn't so sure. She didn't want to take her eyes off of him, but she was terrified. We eventually got her close enough to give him a high five.



Terrified!

Showing Mickey the Mickey on her shoe!

Getting closer...handing Mickey a crayon

Finally, a high five!!


Sunday we headed to the lake for Grandmommie's (Trey's mom) birthday. We swam, rode around in the boat and enjoyed some ice cream cake.
She was ready to ride!

Chillin' like a pro!







Waving with the birthday girl!


We just got home this afternoon from a 24 hour visit to my parents house. We went over there so that my mom and I could finish up the sewing projects for Jason's room. We did the curtains and a pillow. All that is left now is to find something to do with the dresser that is in there and get stuff for the walls. I'm glad we're almost finished since it seems like the summer is already gone and it's really just getting started. As busy as we are going to be over the next two months I know he will be here before we can blink! I'm already going to the doctor for bi-weekly visits!!

I've been so busy I haven't made it to the gym as regularly the past couple of weeks so I hope I can squeeze in some gym time from here on out. Now that the nursery is almost complete hopefully I will be able to do just that in my free time.

Hopefully all of you are able to get some fun and sun in this summer too. Don't get me wrong, we may be busy, but it's because we will be having lots of fun!


3 comments:

Margaret said...

Love getting to see that sweet baby bump in the pictures. Sweet baby boy!

Caroline Armstrong said...

I love that picture of of AM with the wind blowing in her hair...i got a quick flash forward 10 years. so beautiful!!!

Maggie and Nathan said...

Look at your darling baby bump - I love it!! : ) Can't wait to meet Jason; he will be here before we know it, as quickly as the time is passing! You look beautiful!