Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lake with Cousins

AM and I enjoyed a couple of days at the lake with 2 of my cousins and my aunt from Kansas. It was great to see them, it's been a while. As usual she was shy when we got there, but it didn't take long for her to warm up to them!

AM and Drew

On Wednesday, my sister Brittny and her kids came up and once the rain finally stopped we all went out in the boat for some tubing and knee boarding. (Well I was just along for the boat ride!)

Christopher and Drew had a blast!

 Then it was time for Sophie, Brittny and AM...her first time tubing!
And I must note for my sister's sake, she left her sunglasses and had to wear an old pair of my Dad's that were in the boat. We used to make fun of them as kids...

 She loved it!

 Next up was Christopher, Haley and Sophie...
 The new tube was not the best so we returned it to the dock and borrowed the neighbors. I tried my hardest to get a pic of my cousins with the kiddos. This was the best attempt.
 Sophie and AM decided to get off the boat and hang out with Grammie and Aunt Melodee while we went out for more tubing and boarding. 
 Pop and Christopher on the "big board"

 Then Haley's turn
 And last but not least, Christopher asked Pop to ski so he did! And he did great!! Go Pop!

We had a great time. It rained much of the day but we were able to squeeze in some games inside and then finally get out in the boat. It was great to see my cousins and my aunt, it's been a while. We weren't however, successful in making this preggo lady go into labor with the boat ride. :)

Looks like we will be having our baby in about a week and a half though! I. CAN'T. WAIT.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

wow--i did not realize that sweet baby would be here so soon! that is awesome. can't wait to see pictures of his preciousness (is that a word? it is now i guess) :)

Ames said...

Have I ever said how lucky you are to be able to go to the beautiful lake so often? :o) Glad you got some family time and sunshine! I like to think that Evie loves the sunshine, so that is my excuse for sunbathing as much as possible. (I read in a book that sunlight on a bare pregnant belly could give the baby an effect like that when you put your hand over the top of a flashlight... that soft glow...) so I thought that was cool and always want to get her out in the sunshine! haha... I cannot believe you are so close to having Jason in your arms. I wish I could be there that day! Don't let him grow up too much before I get to meet him ~ I need practice holding a new, new NEWborn :o)

Caroline Armstrong said...

love those pictures and GO POP!!!!!

Maggie and Nathan said...

A week and a half?!?! I can't even believe how quickly the time has absolutely flown-by, since finding out y'all were expecting baby #2! SO excited to meet your sweet baby boy!