Sunday, July 10, 2011

Party at the Splash Park!

Yesterday we celebrated Anne Morgan's upcoming 2nd birthday at the Splash Park in Opelika! We had lots of friends and family there to play with us. We had SO much fun! I honestly do not think that I have ever seen her have more fun in her life. She immediately started playing when we got there (this doesn't usually happen, it normally takes her quite a while) and didn't slow down for 3 hours! It was so fun to watch her and her friends and cousins play. It was even better than I could have dreamed of. 

Here are her Mickey Mouse cupcakes. 




Of course she never touched them, she wanted cheese balls instead. I'm serious!


Running straight to the water slide when she got there.


Grammie, AM and Drake


Hunter was having fun too!


Hunter and Drake shooting each other with the water guns. It was so fun to have her cousins from Nashville in town for the party! 


Hunter could hardly stand the wait for cupcakes 



 Anne Morgan and her friend Addison who came all the way from Montgomery



Anne Morgan wasn't quite sure what to think about her favorite person, Sophie, being there...live and in person! (we text videos all of the time so she's used to only seeing her on the phone or computer)




It was finally time for cupcakes!


Then it was time to run and play again after cupcakes (or in AM's case, more cheese balls)


I love this of Hunter and Sophie running full speed


(Uncle) Trey and Drake


Brandon (my sister's husband) was able to make it to the party too...after a long 8 hour test
 for his medical boards. We were so glad to see him!


Daddy and the birthday girl
I think this is the only picture of one of us with her, up close at least. 
I know I didn't get one then again, I didn't really want one, I'm quite the WHALE these days!


By the end, Christopher was over the splashing and swimming...he just wanted the cheese balls. :)


Silly Sophie! Man I love that girl!!!


So these are just a handful of the almost 500 pictures that we took. We had the best time. I know I said that before, but we had more fun that I would have even expected. It was a perfect place to have a party for little ones in the middle of the summer. I can't believe she is going to be 2 in a few days. We'll have another post or two for her birthday as we celebrate over the next week. 

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Looks like such a fun, cute party! I HATE we missed it, but we ended up having my brother and some friends up that day at the lake! AM is such a tan little baby! Can't believe she is about to be 2!

The Vaughns said...

How fun!! What a great place to have a party!! happy Birthday to AM!!

The Allgood Family said...

I hate we missed the party! I know Lilla would have had a blast! We ended up heading home early. Hope you are feeling well and Happy Birthday to AM!!!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

You are so creative! L wants me to get the recipe for the cupcakes you made. They were so cute! Happy Birthday to AM!!

The Mama said...

Happy birthday AM! I always enjoy seeing pics of her..she's growing up so fast!
Hope we can get together after we move back to the States...with our new little ones in tow!