Thursday, November 17, 2011

Elmo Live! and a few other things

Last night I had a special date with my favorite little girl. It was actually a double date with my friend Becca (my next door neighbor growing up) and her daughter Lilla (same age as AM). It was so much fun to do something like this as just the girls. Becca and I used to have girls trips with our moms when we were growing up so this was super special! 

We didn't get the best pictures, they were pretty active but it was oh so much fun!

Waiting for the show to begin...

Beautiful Lilla


As I expected, AM was terrified when the characters came out. But once we ran in fear to the bathroom to potty, she was good to go. Once they were singing and dancing she was having a blast! We got the biggest kick out of her. The girl was gettin' down to say the least. 

Here are the girls at intermission after getting some popcorn. Couldn't get a single pic of both girls looking at the camera and not munching on their popcorn. (We had just eaten at Chappy's but I guess that wasn't enough...not that either one really ate anyways)




Ready for the show to start back...
(at one point in the show when the song stopped, AM shouted "I DANCE MOMMY" she did NOT want to stop and didn't think they should either)


If only this video captured how she was dancing earlier in the show


She was one tired little girl. I changed her into her pajamas when we picked Jason up on our way out of Montgomery. This is how she fell asleep on the way home. 


Her first words to me this morning when she woke up (after sleeping late) were "I had fun at Elmo Mommy!"  How precious is that?!

And this sweet little boy had fun at Trey's grandparents house while AM and I had our alone time. He is the sweetest little boy. He is sleeping SO much better now. He is not eating in the middle of the night anymore so I am just patting him back to sleep when he wakes up at his typical intervals which doesn't take long. I know he will sleep through those times before you know it!







AM starts back to gymnastics this evening. I'm really looking forward to it. I know she is going to absolutely love it. She enjoyed it last time but she was still so young. She is just growing up so fast. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to tell you that she gets out for school in the drop off line now! What?! I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago b/c I was in a huge rush and had to meet someone at the house so I thought I'd give it a shot and she was so excited! Well we have been doing it ever since b/c she loves it so much. I miss walking her into her class and watching her run down the hall, but it also saves Mommy about 20 minutes since I don't have to get both kids out of the car. She is such a big girl. :)

3 comments:

Brittny said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! She sure was gettin' down!! I can only imagine how much she was dancing before. It's so cute to see you and Becca with little girls together. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago we were all running around the neighborhood together.

Jessica said...

Love that video of AM. Definitely need to take Baylor next time Elmo comes to town!

Caroline Armstrong said...

LOVE that dancing!!!!!!