Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick-o-Treat!

 Last Thursday was AM's class party. It was fun to go and see the kids interact with each other and eat a special snack. I love her little class!

Most of the kids dressed up in their costumes but AM is not much of a fan of dressing up so she didn't. I asked her 3 times that morning whether she wanted to wear her costume or a dress and all three times she said her dress. I wasn't surprised nor was I going to push it. 


AM and her friend Allie
(believe it or not, everyone else was finished eating and AM sat there forever still eating!!)

Emma, Allie and AM

Last night we went downtown for the Halloween fun. As usual, Auburn is so much fun! The stores hand out candy and people walk from store to store, dance in the streets to the band and watch all of the costumes on kids, adults and plenty of four-legged friends too!

Here is our little Minnie Mouse! Amazingly it wasn't too hard to get it on her this time!


She was so excited! Little did she know that people were getting candy, we just walked around and danced. Her bucket was a handy little thing for Mommy to put stuff in. :) 



Showing off her bucket, she was so proud of it!

When we got up to the band where everyone was dancing, a precious little lady bug kept wanting to come up to her to see "Minnie"! AM was so confused. I don't think that she really understood that SHE was Minnie Mouse. Whenever we would say something about Minnie she would just point to the little broach on the front of her dress. 

I didn't dress Jason up. Bad mom, I know. When AM was a baby we put a Tootsie Roll costume on her and I thought about reusing it for him but I remembered how uncomfortable it looked and opted out. I think he was happy enough just being there. :)



We had a great time. I love living here. AM had fun just running around and seeing everything. Don't worry, when she's older and knows about the candy we'll let her. I just didn't see the point this year! Besides, I know who would have eaten it all...me!

1 comment:

Brittny said...

She is adorable! My kids had 3 chances to get candy and still barely filled the bottom of their buckets. I didn't push it either! But my kids are also the ones who get underwear and goldfish in their Easter baskets and a single candy cane in their stocking! I figured they will eat enough candy the rest of their lives, why start now?