Saturday, August 15, 2009

Growing Girl!

Yesterday Anne Morgan went to the pediatrician for her first visit. Result...she's a growing girl! At one month she is up to 9 lb. 5 oz., 22 1/2 inches long and her head is now 14 1/2 inches. That means she has grown 2 more inches in her length and her head has grown an inch too. Her weight and head are 50th percentile and her length is 90th percentile. These are the same % as when she was born so she is staying right on track.

She had to get two shots that seemed like they hurt so bad, bless her heart. It made me want to cry. The "click" of the Hep B vaccine as it was shot into her leg caught me off guard. I did NOT like it at all (neither did she).

Anne Morgan got her first flower delivery this week. Her daddy had some delivered to the house for her this week, how sweet!

Friday was a big day for me...I attempted our first walk with the stroller and dogs by myself! I've been hesitant to do this, we've gone a couple of times with Daddy in tow and it wasn't the most successful of events. The dogs were so stir crazy yesterday and I was sick of putting off walks so I decided to bite the bullet. We started by going around our cul-de-sac a couple of times. It was rough at first. Then it got a little better. I decided while we were at it we could try going further. Much to my surprise they did pretty well. The most frustrating thing was that they would get on either side of the stroller instead of just one side which would be easier. We'll work on it though. Unfortunately our walk was cut short as it started POURING on us! There was only one rain cloud in the sky and of course it was over us. All in all, it was a success.

I hope all of you are having a good weekend! We are looking forward to next week. We're going to the lake for several days. My sister and her kids and sister-in-law and her kids are going to be there so we will have lots of cousin time. I can't wait! The dogs are looking forward to it too.

2 comments:

carolineo said...

That was so sweet of Trey to send her flowers :) Let me know when you figure out the secret to dog and baby walking! Im a bit nervous about that too!

Caroline Armstrong said...

Oh my goodness I am sooo impressed you did that!!! I have tried it a few times myself and it was very unsuccessful!!!
Onanother note, those flowers were just beautiful and she is already a Daddy's girl I can tell:)