Friday, August 20, 2010

Pretty Toes, Pretty Dolls, Pretty Messy

Anne Morgan's first set of pretty toes. It wasn't very easy but it sure is cute!


One day earlier this week, Anne Morgan woke up from her nap and noticed a doll that has been on a shelf above her changing table since she was born. It's pretty high so she's never really noticed it. It happens to be my American Girl doll Samantha from when I was a little girl. She became immediately enamored with her. Here are a few pictures (as you can tell she JUST woke up)



She generally carries things around in pairs. So here she has Samantha and her favorite stuffed animal, Tyler the dog.

And just for kicks, here she is pretty messy. I think this is the messiest she has ever been!

We are looking forward to spending time together as a family. Trey was in a seminar all weekend last weekend so we feel like we haven't really seen him in a while. AM is getting VERY ( and I mean VERY) clingy to him when he's around. She does not want him to leave in the mornings. I have to pry her from him, she is definitely a Daddy's girl.

Hopefully her top teeth will make their appearance this weekend, or in the next few coming days. You can see SIX on top trying to pop through. Her gums look so incredibly painful. She's been a GREAT sport though. I just hope they come on through.

Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

She is just precious!! I'd love to have her skin color! Those sweet little toes are edible!

The Young Family said...

Carrie is loving dolls, too! We are thinking about American Girl Bitty Baby for the birthday! That messy picture is hilarious!!!

Shari said...

My girls enjoy my childhood dolls too. They even enjoy a couple of my mom's dolls from when she was little (although I carefully supervise with those). Your little one reminds me so much of my youngest who just turned 16 months. This week I got out a small stuffed baby doll, made by my great aunt when I was a child, for her to play with. It's just the right size. Vinyl baby dolls are still kind of heavy for her, especially since like your little girl, she likes to have both hands full. LOL