Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lately...

My first thought was to tell you that we haven't updated much b/c there hasn't been much going on. That's actually not true, there's been a lot going on. Just not much to speak of or take pictures of. We were busy just like the rest of you last week with Thanksgiving, then beating Alabama on Friday- it was cold and wet but I am so glad we were there, giving an engagement party on Saturday and finally returning home on Sunday. Unfortunately when we got home, both AM and I were sick and then I discovered that our refrigerator died at some point while we were gone. Everything was ruined. Believe it or not, it's not so easy to get a new one either. Apparently everyone in the hour radius and beyond has been replacing theirs too. At Home Depot we picked one out but it would be the first week of January before they would have it! Same at Sears. I can't remember what the deal was with Lowes, I think the same. Finally we found one at Best Buy and will be able to pick it up this weekend. They couldn't deliver it until the 15th.

In the meantime, we were able to put up a Christmas tree. It's really growing on me. I'm very particular about my tree. I like a really tall tree with good shape, not too full but not too thin. And I and particular about having pretty white lights on it with a star on top. This year we went with a smaller tree, it's about 6.5 ft (three reasons, first: there were no larger trees to be found second: we figured it was going to take up less room since we have more toys in the house and third: I was super nervous about AM and the tree so I figured a smaller tree would be less inticing), and Trey finally got his wish and we decorated with big bulb colored lights. I have to say that it is growing on me. It's fun and AM loves it. Another plus, it hardly took any time to decorate! I tried to take a picture but I can't get one to turn out very well.

We haven't really left the house this week. I hope AM gets better soon, her cough is so nasty. And I'm ready to go back to the gym. She doesn't seem to feel too bad anymore, Sunday was another story, but her cough and her runny nose mean we can't get out much. She decided yesterday to play with Daddy's keyboard. It was actually pretty funny, she carried it around with her (it's wireless) and would go from couch to couch and type away. I guess she sees Mommy and Daddy doing that too much on the laptop. And she was SO serious about it. Monkey see monkey do. She is so funny these days. At all times, she is either on top of something or pulling out every toy or piece of clothing or diapers or "sorting" my fabric or....



Sorry for the lack of pictures. We'll try to do better but we'll be busy this weekend again. We're headed to the SEC Championship. WAR EAGLE!!!!

4 comments:

carolineo said...

She is so cute!!! I swear if we left Reid and AM in a house together for one hour, it might not be standing when we returned! Reid is doing the same things- we call him our little bulldozer :) And War Eagle!!

starnes family said...

Eh......as an LSU fan, I cannot condone this post. But, Auburn is looking fantastic this year! Go SEC!

Margaret said...

Hope yall are better soon! We have yucky noses here! I decorated with colored lights for the first time 2 years ago (grew up with only white lights) cause I thought it seemed more magical for Simms, and I LOVE them now! They grew on me too! War Eagle!

Brittny said...

love her monkey shirt!!!! perfect for her i guess. : )