Monday, February 2, 2009

Cameras

Hello all,
I thought I would make a post asking for camera advice. I would like to save up some money to purchase a new-NICE-camera. Unfortunately I purchased one not too long ago. When Trey and I got married a year and a half ago we bought a Sony Cybershot. I have been GREATLY disappointed, in fact I will not buy another Sony camera-ever. While that one was a small, convenient camera it was still supposed to be a really good one. Had a lot of megapixels and supposedly "anti-blur" technology. I beg to differ. This camera blurs more than any I have ever seen! Well I'm over it! The flash never works and it is the most finicky thing I have ever dealt with. Now I want a big camera; a grown up one. While I don't need the best of the best, I would like one that is really dependable and takes pictures quickly and clearly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I'm not sure how good they are, but Jonathan and I have been researching them to buy one as well. We're getting the Nikon D40. Jonathan has been looking at them more than me. I'll ask him why that one is supposed to be so good and let you know.

Hope you're feeling great!

Mary Tyler S. said...

I have had the Canon Rebel XTi for about a year and a half and I'm totally a camera nerd now. The Canon Rebel XS is a little more user friendly if you don't want to learn about aperture, shutter speed and f stops. But I'm always here for tutorials if you need them! Also, Trey can always get you lenses for birthdays and christmas presents. Thats all I wanted this year for xmas was my 70-200 IS lens :) Good Luck - We are looking for a nice - but inexpensive digital video camera! Any suggestions there??

Keri A. Ward said...

Hey there!
Yea, I would stick away from the Sony family. I know of others that have issues with their Sony cameras too. But I do know some brands that are good. You might want to try Nikon or Fuji. And actually I know that Capital Filmworks sell both of these brands in a range from basic to heavy duty, depending on your desire for use. I have talked to them before and they are really nice. Good Luck!

I hope you are feeling well. :)

Anonymous said...

We bought a Canon Rebel XSi at Best Buy and i would not trade it for anything! Having a good camera to take pictures of the baby is sooo important. It was expensive but worth it.

Brittny said...

We have a Canon Rebel XT, but it's been upgraded since then. That's why we got a great deal on it. Brandon loves it. I rarely use it. I know he'd answer any questions you have if you want.