Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Busy, Busy!

We've been a bit busy around here. As you noticed, we had quite a bit of snow last Friday. I didn't imagine we would get as much as they said we would, but we got more! We had 4-5 inches. It was so pretty. Trey started a fire Thursday night and we kept it going until Sunday afternoon!

Yesterday we drove over to Columbus where I had to order a bridesmaid's dress and we did some shopping, not much. How about some baby socks and bibs at Babies R Us and some scrap fabric at JoAnn's! My how times change, I love it though! Speaking of love, I love my sewing machine!

I also love my husband. :) He sent me a dozen pink roses and Anne Morgan a matching pink rose and a balloon! I can't begin to tell you how much she loves her balloon. After church, we took a family walk (all 5 of us!) around campus ran a couple of errands and eventually ordered pizza. I love how comfortable we are together. After all we've been together 11 years! We were going to get some steaks or something at the store but figured that since it was 4:40 on Valentine's Day there wouldn't be anything good left. We split a steak and crab legs tonight. De-lish!

I've mentioned before Anne Morgan's obsession with her jumping thing (like a Johnny Jump-Up) but it has reached new heights. I don't know if there is a time limit on that thing, but if there is I guarantee you that she has passed it! Yesterday she spent over 3 1/2 hours total in it. We have to take her out of it or she would never stop. She will go an hour and a half straight...non-stop jumping! I think she is going to be a gymnast. I have several videos of her in it but I still need to figure out how to get it to work on here!

I am obsessed with the Olympics. I am so excited to have them to watch right now. I'm learning that not everyone is into them, that is shocking to me. I thought everyone loved the Olympics. I had a couple of friends laugh when they found out that I had them recording during the day yesterday since we went to Columbus, came home and watched the afternoon events and set the evening to record while I went to Bible Study. Trey wasn't allowed to watch it until I got home and we could start from the beginning. One thing I have noticed with this year's ice skaters is how much skinnier the women seem to be. So far it's been the pair's so maybe it will change when the individuals skate but usually they look more athletic not skinny. There were quite a few knobby-kneed women out there. You know, their legs are so skinny the skates look like they weigh more than the whole person! It's not as pretty.

What a random post, sorry. I am getting ready for a big weekend! We are finally having Anne Morgan's dedication at church. My mom made her dress, I can't wait to get pictures of AM in it and show you. It is gorgeous! We are going to have all of our family up for the service and then to our house for lunch. That means cleaning and cooking ahead! I am really looking forward to it though.

Enjoy the Olympics and I'll post pictures after this weekend. Go USA!

5 comments:

The Olives said...

That is so funny that AM loves her Jump Jump, Love it! How cute! Hudson doesn't really like his, I don't think that he realizes that he can jump in it;)

The Cobbs said...

I wish Hadley loved a jump jump...and I wish she would stay in it for 3 hours! ;) AM is precious! I would love to see videos of her.
I'm loving the Olympics too!! I wish I could watch more of it! I agree with you on the ice skaters...some of them are way too skinny!

Brittny said...

I can't wait to see her jumping!!! I'm going to email you about the plans for Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Will it be at the 11:00 o'clock service this Sunday? We'll def. be there!!

Caroline Armstrong said...

Cannot believe the snow y'all got!
LOVE the dress you made and am so impressed!!!!
LOVE how Beasley is able to be back all in again. That sweet sweet doggie!
HATE that we missed this weekend. LET US KNOW NEXT TIME! WE WANT TO BE THERE!
And so glad you had a nice relaxing V-Day with the ones you love!!!!