Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Hobby and New 'Do

Sorry it has been a while since the last post. In the meantime I have picked up a new hobby! I got my first sewing and embroidery machine! I am loving it so far. I haven't done much with the sewing part of it, it's a little more daunting to learn I guess. The embroidery part is so much fun though! I've been doing designs on anything I can find. Even one of Trey's undershirts has fallen victim. I've done a half-a-dozen designs all over it to practice. Here is a picture of the very first shirt I made for Anne Morgan. It's the only picture I have for now. I promise I'll do better taking pictures and updating this thing.

And I got a new 'do Friday. I'm still getting used to it but I think I like it. I have had the same, boring hair for a long time and there isn't a whole lot you can do to change it up when it's already short. So I went for bangs! Not just side swept bangs but full bangs! I think when the rest of my hair grows about an inch I will like it even more. I'll take a picture soon, I promise. In case you haven't noticed I don't like taking, much less posting, pictures of myself. We are having Anne Morgan's 6 months pictures made on Thursday which I am so excited about and I'm sure I won't be able to escape without getting in some. That's fine, I'm realizing that she is 6 months old and we don't have very many pictures together, and only have 2 pictures as a family! oops!

I just like her new jammies and thought I'd share with you too! Speaking of jammies, she is sleeping so well now, I can't get over it! She was never a bad sleeper but now she goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps until 7 the next morning, and a couple of mornings has slept until 8am! It's amazing! I almost hesitate to even write that because I'm afraid I'll jinx it!

And this is what happens when Daddy feeds her yogurt! Haha! She loves her yogurt but I can't stand it, it's so messy! Trey and I are both having a hard time trying to keep the eating neat and clean. I know we will have to get over it but so far we've been able to...except for the yogurt! It's so runny.

I'll try to post more frequently, I'm really looking forward to AM's pictures on Thursday. I hope the photographer can do a better job capturing what a smiley, happy baby she is than I do. Pictures just don't express how happy she is! She ends up staring at the camera instead of laughing and smiling. I guess that's why you pay a professional though, right? I'll post the link to the pictures as soon as we get it!

3 comments:

The Olives said...

love the shirt! Good job!I think that is so funny that you made a design on Trey's undershirt:) I can't wait to see AM's pictures and your new haircut. I too am not in a whole bunch of pics, but that is because I have not lost the baby weight:(

Brittny said...

so cute!!!!!!! i can't wait to see her again. especially in the jumper. i hear she can really get going in it! proud of you for starting a new hobby. i'm hoping to join you, but we'll see. i have no where to put it, but i figure the kitchen table is the best spot. if i can keep the kids out of it. we'll see. i hate being in photos myself. never been photogenic. did i even spell that right? who cares. can't wait to see you!!!! oh, i don't do yogurt either. too runny. especially when they want to feed themselves. too bad b/c it's good for them, but i hate the mess. sad isn't it?

Unknown said...

I love AM's War Eagle shirt!! Please post her 6 months pictures ASAP. I know she is going to look so beautiful! And I want to see your haircut!!!!!!